At Fors Marsh Group (FMG), we combine the power of science and strategy to improve people’s lives. Each day, we work with institutions and organizations that seek to disrupt markets, understand and influence behavior, drive action on a national scale, and create positive impact. Our approach extends far beyond our client portfolio—as a certified B Corporation and a 2020 Greenbook Top 50 Market Research Company, we make a difference in our community through corporate-sponsored employee volunteer programs and pro bono partnerships with values-aligned nonprofits. Most importantly, as a 2019-2022 Top Workplace, we are committed to putting people first and foster a culture that reflects that commitment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate diversity and inclusivity as the foundation of a healthy, successful, and innovative work environment. Join us, and together we can work to ensure a better tomorrow.
We are currently seeking a senior level medical writer/editor to join a multi-disciplinary team to create a range of content for health communications initiatives and campaigns, related to cardiovascular disease, cancer, substance use disorder, blood disorders, and other topics. This position is within our Marketing and Outreach Division, supporting federal health projects.
The selected individual will collaborate with health communication researchers, program strategists, and creative directors to translate complex health information into plain-language health topics, in addition to other forms of compelling content for various audiences including the public, health care providers, researchers, and policy makers.
This position is a contingent hire, meaning it is contingent on Fors Marsh Group winning an upcoming proposal. The interview process will be the same as our standard process, the offer letter (should we decide to move forward) will serve as a letter of commitment
- Leading development of plain language content on complex biomedical health topics for a variety of audiences.
- Researching health topics in academic journals and collaborating with federal health agency leaders and subject matter experts on summarizing scientific content.
- Writing and editing for fact sheets, web pages, scientific journals, speeches, reports, and many other products.
- Performing quality reviews to ensure documents are accurate; consistent with applicable regulations, policies, and guidance; and are written at an appropriate level.
- Attending scientific conferences and summarizing proceedings.
- Ph.D. in a biomedical field or life science and 10 or more years of professional medical writing/editing experience on health topics.
- Demonstrated experience translating complex content for varied audiences.
- Skilled with literature search and reference management, including in-text citations and annotations.
- Experience adhering to content templates and style guidance and managing multiple rounds of review feedback from various stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver outstanding content on deadline.
- Experience working in a government contracting environment.
- Ability to make an impact on people’s live, both internal and external to the organization.
- Top-tier health, dental, vision, and long and short-term disability coverage all covered at 100% for employee coverage.
- Remote work.
- Our company culture, which values balance and allows each employee to take leave as they require it to balance the responsibilities of both their work and home lives without worrying about depleting their available leave hours.
- We provide a floating holiday bank so you can celebrate the days you value.
- Generous matching retirement contributions and no vesting period starting the third month of employment.
- Dedicated training and development budgets to expand your expertise and grow your skillset.
- You can volunteer your way with paid time off.
- You can participate in FMG staff-led affinity groups.
- Our employees receive product and service discounts through the certified B Corp network.