At Fors Marsh Group (FMG), we combine the power of science and strategy to improve people’s lives. Each day, we work with institutions and organizations that seek to disrupt markets, understand and influence behavior, drive action on a national scale, and create positive impact. Our approach extends far beyond our client portfolio—as a certified B Corporation and a 2020 Greenbook Top 50 Market Research Company, we make a difference in our community through corporate-sponsored employee volunteer programs and pro bono partnerships with values-aligned nonprofits. Most importantly, as a 2019-2022 Top Workplace, we are committed to putting people first and foster a culture that reflects that commitment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate diversity and inclusivity as the foundation of a healthy, successful, and innovative work environment. Join us, and together we can work to ensure a better tomorrow.
FMG’s Program Evaluation and Policy Analysis (PEPA) practice is seeking an experienced, intelligent, and motivated Research Associate to contribute to evaluation projects in emergency preparedness and public safety topic areas. This individual will, contribute to the design and execution of evaluation studies, lead evaluation project tasks (e.g., data collection and analysis), draft evaluation reports and products, and, generally, provide support to federal clients, including the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
- Thinking creatively to help emergency preparedness clients answer the questions, “did this work”, “will this work”, and “how can it work better”.
- Contributing to the design, execution, and interpretation of research across a variety of quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
- Prepare written products research reports, presentation decks, and other project deliverables summarizing research methods, findings, and implications.
- Providing client account management to understand needs, manage expectations, and build long-term relationships.
- Managing and analyzing large datasets using MS Excel.
- Providing quality checks on client deliverables.
- Balance roles and responsibilities across multiple concurrent projects.
- Work as part of a team on a day-to-day basis in a fast-paced environment.
- Master's Degree Required in Economics, Public Administration, Political Science, Sociology, Statistics or other social science field Experience contributing to research projects. PhD preferred.
- Understanding of the application of evaluation methods as well as quantitative and qualitative analysis to address public policy research questions.
- Experience with project management and/or managing project tasks (i.e., staffing needs, timelines, client communications).
- Demonstration of strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and consent to a full background check due to our federal contract requirements.
- Experience in the public policy fields including emergency management, public safety, homeland security, and/or cybersecurity.
Our benefits typically meet or exceed our competitors’ packages. Ways we are unique!
- Ability to make an impact on people’s lives, both internal and external to the organization.
- Top-tier health, dental, vision, and long and short-term disability coverage all covered at 100% for employee coverage.
- Remote work.
- Our company culture, which values balance and allows each employee to take leave as they require it to balance the responsibilities of both their work and home lives without worrying about depleting their available leave hours.
- We provide a floating holiday bank so you can celebrate the days you value.
- Generous matching retirement contributions and no vesting period starting the third month of employment.
- Dedicated training and development budgets to expand your expertise and grow your skillset.
- You can volunteer your way with paid time off.
- You can participate in FMG staff-led affinity groups.
- Our employees receive product and service discounts through the certified B Corp network.