At Fors Marsh Group (FMG), we combine the power of science and strategy to improve people’s lives. Each day, we work with institutions and organizations that seek to disrupt markets, understand and influence behavior, drive action on a national scale, and create positive impact. Our approach extends far beyond our client portfolio—as a certified B Corporation and a 2020 Greenbook Top 50 Market Research Company, we make a difference in our community through corporate-sponsored employee volunteer programs and pro bono partnerships with values-aligned nonprofits. Most importantly, as a 2021 & 2022 Top Workplace USA, we are committed to putting people first and foster a culture that reflects that commitment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate diversity and inclusivity as the foundation of a healthy, successful, and innovative work environment. Join us, and together we can work to ensure a better tomorrow.
FMG is seeking an experienced and skilled User Research Specialist to support the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau in conducting high-quality user research and testing with consumers and citizens on various topics related to financial products and services. This individual will work as part of an Agile team with agency staff to design and implement research projects, as well as lead all aspects of data collection, analysis, and useful reporting. The successful candidate will possess both subject matter expertise in qualitative and user experience (UX) methods, human-centered design, and the ability to conceptualize and lead projects in an Agile design and development environment.
- Designing and executing high-quality qualitative user research projects, including research and analysis plans, and study materials such as participant screeners and moderator guides.
- Planning and conducting qualitative data collection and user testing methods such as in-depth interviews and focus groups (virtual and in-person).
- Performing usability studies with consumers using user experience (UX) research and testing techniques.
- Performing qualitative data analysis using codebooks and memos.
- Facilitating discovery sprints and leading planning meeting with clients and stakeholders.
- Advocating research findings through written and oral presentations and assisting in the creation of materials for public release such as blogs and white papers.
- Working collaboratively across teams in an Agile environment and assisting in design-thinking workshops.
- Advising agency staff on emerging and best-practice user testing approaches.
- Overseeing tasks across multiple concurrent research studies and balancing roles and responsibilities on a day-to-day basis while working under tight deadlines to fulfill client requests.
- BA/BS degree in social sciences, public policy, or related field, graduate degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of applied experience contributing to or leading qualitative UX research projects, preferably for federal clients.
- Ability to work as part of team, as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience applying user experience (UX) research techniques and tools, preferably for evaluating digital products.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain client relationships and manage client expectations.
- Demonstration of strong verbal and written communications skills, including proposal writing.
- Applicants may be subject to a low-level government security investigation and must meet eligibility criteria for access to sensitive information.
Our benefits typically meet or exceed our competitors’ packages. Ways we are unique?
- Ability to make an impact on people’s live, both internal and external to the organization.
- Top-tier health, dental, vision, and long and short-term disability coverage all covered at 100% for employee coverage.
- Remote work.
- Our company culture, which values balance and allows each employee to take leave as they require it to balance the responsibilities of both their work and home lives without worrying about depleting their available leave hours.
- We provide a floating holiday bank so you can celebrate the days you value.
- Generous matching retirement contributions and no vesting period starting the third month of employment.
- Dedicated training and development budgets to expand your expertise and grow your skillset.
- You can volunteer your way with paid time off.
- You can participate in FMG staff-led affinity groups.
- Our employees receive product and service discounts through the certified B Corp network.