At Fors Marsh, we combine the power of science and strategy to improve people’s lives. Each day, we work with institutions and organizations that seek to disrupt markets, understand and influence behavior, drive action on a national scale, and create positive impact. Our approach extends far beyond our client portfolio—as a certified B Corporation and a 2020 Greenbook Top 50 Market Research Company, we make a difference in our community through corporate-sponsored employee volunteer programs and pro bono partnerships with values-aligned nonprofits. Most importantly, as a 2019-2022 Top Workplace, we are committed to putting people first and foster a culture that reflects that commitment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate diversity and inclusivity as the foundation of a healthy, successful, and innovative work environment. Join us, and together we can work to ensure a better tomorrow.
We are currently seeking a senior level, experienced professional to lead and expand our communications and marketing efforts in key areas, including energy, transportation, finance, and defense, as well as public service recruitment, primarily with Federal agencies. These efforts may include education campaigns, organizational branding, media outreach, and internal communications.
The selected individual will serve as a senior leader in the Strategic Communications and Marketing practice, focusing on strategic planning, new business and proposal development, and leading and providing oversight on accounts with target agencies, including DOE, EPA, DOD, DOT, DOS.
- Leading market research to identify and build a pipeline of new opportunities.
- Leading new business and proposal efforts to develop long-term strategy and expand FMG’s federal marketing and communications portfolio.
- Managing and advising on concurrent projects and providing strategic insights and oversight.
- Leading multiple project teams, spearheading direction-setting activities, cultivating a collaborative work environment, and developing team members through mentoring.
- Thinking creatively to solve tangible communications challenges through the application of research and data insights, technology, media outreach, and numerous other channels.
- Building relationships with business partners and stakeholders to support current and future projects.
- Strengthening Fors Marsh's brand through collaboration with other team members on developing a well-articulated and strategic external marketing plan.
- Master’s degree (or Bachelor’s degree with equivalent experience) in communications, public marketing, public relations, or related field.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience leading new business growth and development for a combination of federal agencies, including DOE, EPA, DOT, Treasury, DOD, and others in a consulting or marketing agency environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multifaceted teams and communications projects on behalf of federal and other clients.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully advise and provide senior level counsel for a range of clients.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communications skills, including proposal writing.
- Ability to make an impact on people’s live, both internal and external to the organization.
- Top-tier health, dental, vision, and long and short-term disability coverage all covered at 100% for employee coverage.
- Remote work.
- Our company culture, which values balance and allows each employee to take leave as they require it to balance the responsibilities of both their work and home lives without worrying about depleting their available leave hours.
- We provide a floating holiday bank so you can celebrate the days you value.
- Generous matching retirement contributions and no vesting period starting the third month of employment.
- Dedicated training and development budgets to expand your expertise and grow your skillset.
- You can volunteer your way with paid time off.
- You can participate in Fors Marsh staff-led affinity groups.
- Our employees receive product and service discounts through the certified B Corp network.
Salary: $150,000- $190,000
Location: Remote. United States Residents only.