At Fors Marsh, we combine the power of science and strategy to improve people’s lives. Each day, we work with institutions and organizations that seek to disrupt markets, understand and influence behavior, drive action on a national scale, and create positive impact. Our approach extends far beyond our client portfolio—as a certified B Corporation and a 2020 Greenbook Top 50 Market Research Company, we make a difference in our community through corporate-sponsored employee volunteer programs and pro bono partnerships with values-aligned nonprofits. Most importantly, as a 2019-2022 Top Workplace, we are committed to putting people first and foster a culture that reflects that commitment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate diversity and inclusivity as the foundation of a healthy, successful, and innovative work environment. Join us, and together we can work to ensure a better tomorrow.
Fors Marsh is seeking an intelligent and motivated early career researcher needed to work as part of our Military Analytics research team. Our Military Analytics team bridges the gap between traditional social science and data science, leveraging innovative analytic tools for research committed to improving the health and well-being of Service members and DoD personnel. This individual’s primary responsibility will be conducting and reporting upon analyses of survey, behavioral/archival, and geographic data. This job is best suited for someone who enjoys integrating and analyzing data, synthesizing market research into actionable recommendations, and who is comfortable working collaboratively with team members and clients.
- Analyzing market research data, including data from large-scale tracking surveys as well as geographic, behavioral, and administrative data.
- Supporting all aspects of the research process, including survey creation, data cleaning, data analysis, and reporting.
- Conducting market segmentation analyses and evaluating drivers of attitudes and behaviors.
- Leading efforts to aggregate, organize, and explore large, complex quantitative data sets through a variety of techniques.
- Working with geographic data (e.g., thematic mapping) through R, Stata, or a related GIS software platform.
- Writing and reviewing written reports and professional briefings that summarize research findings to non-technical audiences.
- Providing technical- and non-technical support to project teams
- Interacting with clients regularly and work under tight deadlines to fulfill client requests.
- Upholding the highest standards of quality control for yourself and others.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, statistics, economics, computer science, humanities or a related field.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work effectively independently, and as a team member.
- Moderate level of proficiency in at least one statistical analysis software package (R and/or Stata preferred), including syntax-based analyses and data manipulation (e.g., collapsing, merging).
- Experience working with existing datasets and integrating from multiple sources
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office® products (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, and Excel®)
- Strong quantitative ability and a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Applicants may be subject to a low-level government security investigation and must meet eligibility criteria for access to sensitive information.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and consent to a full background check due to our federal contract requirements.
- Ability to make an impact on people's lives, both internal and external to the organization.
- Top-tier health, dental, vision, and long and short-term disability coverage all covered at 100% for employee coverage.
- Remote work.
- Our company culture, which values balance and allows each employee to take leave as they require it to balance the responsibilities of both their work and home lives without worrying about depleting their available leave hours.
- We provide a floating holiday bank so you can celebrate the days you value.
- Generous matching retirement contributions and no vesting period starting the third month of employment.
- Dedicated training and development budgets to expand your expertise and grow your skill set.
- You can volunteer your way with paid time off.
- You can participate in Fors Marsh staff-led affinity groups.