At Fors Marsh Group (FMG), we combine the power of science and strategy to improve people’s lives. Each day, we work with institutions and organizations that seek to disrupt markets, understand and influence behavior, drive action on a national scale, and create positive impact. Our approach extends far beyond our client portfolio—as a certified B Corporation and a 2020 Greenbook Top 50 Market Research Company, we make a difference in our community through corporate-sponsored employee volunteer programs and pro bono partnerships with values-aligned nonprofits. Most importantly, as a 2019-2022 Top Workplace, we are committed to putting people first and foster a culture that reflects that commitment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate diversity and inclusivity as the foundation of a healthy, successful, and innovative work environment. Join us, and together we can work to ensure a better tomorrow.
FMG’s Contracts & Legal Department is looking for a sharp Contracts Specialist to join the team. This person will have a desire to begin or enhance a career in contract administration, developing experience and critical thinking skills required of any career. We’re looking for someone curious, driven to learn and innovate. This person will be an important new edition to a team collaboratively managing multiple priorities.
- Support federal contracts for the entire award lifecycle, including support on capture, non-disclosure agreements, teaming agreements, modifications, and close-outs.
- Learn the contract management systems and processes required to perform on federal contracts in full compliance.
- Assist in drafting, negotiation, and execution of a wide range of FMG, vendor-, and customer-branded agreements.
- Curiously and enthusiastically approach new or unique agreements.
- Support new contract kick-off by ensuring agreements are entered into proper systems, filed and communicated within the organization.
- Review RFPs/RFIs on request for potential defects or risks to FMG, advise more team and other stakeholders on identification.
- Hand off contract requirements to the Procurement team for purchasing compliance.
- Assist team with troubleshooting contractual issues, providing options and recommendations to decision makers. Become their trusted advisor.
- Work in Deltek and other information systems to manage requests from project teams, assist with development and management of performance metrics.
- Perform responsibly with supervision.
- 2 years’ professional experience, with some exposure to federal or commercial contracts administration.
- Bachelor’s degree, or additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Interest in developing a working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), and associated agency supplements.
- Awareness of GSA FSS contracts, MACs, or GWACs.
- Attention to detail and the ability to prioritize in a multi-faceted organization.
- Collaboration-first mentality, ability to establish relationships and work with diverse internal customers.
- Clear oral and written communications.
- Familiarity with Deltek accounting software products
- FMG requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to start employment, unless that person has requested and FMG has granted a medical or religious exemption during the onboarding process.
- Juris Doctor degree.
- Breadth of experience in and out of government or in organizations large and small.
- Current NCMA membership and certifications (CPCM, CFCM).
- Civilian and defense agency experience.
- Security clearance.
- Experience with classified or overseas contracts.
Our benefits typically meet or exceed our competitors’ packages. Ways we are unique?
- Ability to make an impact on people’s live, both internal and external to the organization
- Top-tier health, dental, vision, and long and short-term disability coverage all covered at 100% for employee coverage
- Remote work
- Our company culture, which values balance and allows each employee to take leave as they require it to balance the responsibilities of both their work and home lives without worrying about depleting their available leave hours
- We provide a floating holiday bank so you can celebrate the days you value
- Generous matching retirement contributions and no vesting period starting the third month of employment
- Dedicated training and development budgets to expand your expertise and grow your skillset.
- You can volunteer your way with paid time off
- You can participate in FMG staff-led affinity groups
- Our employees receive product and service discounts through the certified B Corp network